Ph.D. in English Language Studies and Teaching (International Program)Track 1 (1.1)
“This Ph.D. Program aims to develop interdisciplinarity, internatinality, inquisitive-mind and independent learning in English Language Studies and Teaching (ELST)”
- Interdisciplinary knowledge and skill in English language studies and teaching
- Professional development for English language policy makers, lectures and researchers
- Opportunities to attend classes online especially for those outside Thailand
- Tuition scholarships
The program also aims to groom student to think critically, to have inquisitive mind and be intellectually curious. It intends to produce graduates who are independent learners with skills to learn and develop new things by themselves. The program also adheres to international quality assurance in terms of academic rigor and academic integrity. It also aims to broaden students’ international perspectives by exposing them to a rich diversity of international academic literature (i.e., course books, journals), topics, issues and activities that provoke students to think beyond their cultural boundaries and observe not only global differences but also commonalties within the realm of English language studies and teaching. Such international outlooks should enable them to better understand this increasingly interconnected and interdependent world full of changes yet filled with new learning opportunities.
Track 1 (1.1)
A. Dissertation (48 credits)
PLT 9900 Dissertation
- Thai and/or international applicants holding of a Master’s Degree in English, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, TESOL, or other related fields from an accredited institution, with the GPA of 3.25 or higher (for applicants to Ph.D. program Track 1[1.1] and Track 2[2.1]).
- Thai and/or international applicants holding of a Bachelor’s Degree with first class honors in English, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, TESOL, or other related fields from an accredited institution (for applicants to M.A. continuing to Ph.D. program Track 2[2.2]).
- All applicants, whose native language is not English, must prove sufficient English proficiency by submitting results of either the TOEFL or IELTS (Academic) scores:
o Obtaining a minimum TOEFL/ITP score of 600, or iBT score of 94, or an IELTS (Academic) of 7.0 for Track 1(1.1) applicants
o Obtaining a minimum TOEFL/ITP score of 580, or iBT score of 79 or an IELTS (Academic) of 6.5 for Track 2(2.1) and 2(2.2) applicants
The test must have been taken not more than 2 years prior to the application date.
o Note: If applicants submit their TOEFL/ITP scores for admission in academic year 1/2023, the results of the test administered by either NIDA will be considered. The test results (i.e., test scores) must be valid for 2 years after the test date. If applicants do not yet have English proficiency test results, they will be considered for admission as provisional students.
เปิดรับสมัคร Until June 23, 2023