The Institute’s Committee
Appointed Administrative Members
Professor Dr. Tippawan Lorsuwannarat, NIDA President
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Witchuda Srang-iam, President, NIDA Faculty Senate
Pharadee Tepcayon, President, NIDA Staff Council
Mr.Dusit Piyatat, The President of The NIDA ALAS Under the Royal Patronage
Administrative Elected Members
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sombat Kusumavalee, Vice President for Academic and International Affairs
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tatchawan Kanitpong, Dean, NIDA Business School
Prof. Dr. Boonchai Hongcharu, Director of Siripattana Training Center
Academic Staff Elected Members
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Asda Chintakananda
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nanta Sooraksa
Secretary of NIDA Council
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Prapon Sahapattana, Vice President for Administration and Digital Technology
Authority, Responsibility, and Role of NIDA Council
- Determine goals, policies, and guidelines for NIDA’s development to align with and accomplish the Institute’s visions and missions.
- Issue rules, regulations, and announcements for the benefit of NIDA’s operations. The Council may delegate such authority to internal offices or entities for specific tasks.
- Issue regulations with respect to NIDA’s human resource management.
- Issue regulations with respect to NIDA’s financial, supply, and asset management.
- Approve the award of degrees and certificates completed under the requirements of NIDA and joint degrees with other higher institutions, including honorary degrees.
- Approve the establishment and termination of the Institute’s campuses.
- Approve the establishment, acquisition, or termination of internal departments and divisions in accordance with Section 9 which includes the departmentalization of internal divisions.
- Oversee the appointment and termination of Chairperson of NIDA council, honorary committee members, president, professors, and adjunct professors.
- Oversee the appointment and termination of emeritus professors, associate professors, adjunct associate professors, adjunct assistant professors, and other academic titles.
- Oversee the appointment and termination of vice presidents, deans, directors, and other titles equivalent to heads of schools, campuses, or centers.
- Monitor and assess the performance of president, deans, directors, and other titles equivalent to heads of schools, campuses, or centers.
- Approve and terminate academic collaborations or joint degrees with other higher education institutions, academic curricula, courses and programs. This includes the improvement, dissolution, or termination of any given curricula.
- Establish the policy on revenue generation and mobilization of funds and other resources.
- Approve borrowing, lending, shareholding, partnering, investment, and co-investment.
- Approve the establishment and termination of organization as a juridical person according to Section 14(8).
- Approve the Institute’s revenue and expenditure budgets.
- Certify the Institute’s annual report and present such report to the Minister.
- Appoint and authorize committees, subcommittees, or delegates to perform certain tasks under the authority of the Institute. The operation and progress are to be reported back to the Council.
- Promote good governance and ensure that the Institute’s operation adheres to good governance.
- Perform other duties that are not designated under any department or division within the Institute.
Office of NIDA Council
The Office of NIDA Council provides support to NIDA’s operations, faculty members, and employees. In addition, the Office is responsible for the examination of internal management and other tasks assigned or delegated by the Institute or NIDA’s President.